July 05 – 06, 2022 | Hanau, Germany
automotive CAE Grand Challenge 2022
Background, Concept and Implementation
In the last 30 years computer simulation has become an indispensable tool of automotive development.
Challenges in virtual vehicle development
Despite of significant progress in simulation technology and impressive results in industrial application there remains a number of challenges.
The Grand Challenge as a platform for dialog
The automotive CAE Grand Challenge stimulates the exchange between users, scientists and software developers in order to solve these challenges.
Grand Challenges 2021
The Grand Challenges for 2021 have been identified through a survey among simulation experts:
BODY STIFFNESS & STRENGTH: Modeling of Connections
CAE PROCESS & QUALITY: Comparing Test and Simulation
- CRASH: Material Models for Battery Packs of Electric Vehicles
- DURABILITY: Vibration Fatigue of HV-Batteries
- FULL VEHICLE SIMULATION: Load Cases for Release of Automated Driving Functions
- NOISE VIBRATION HARSHNESS: Variability Analysis
- OCCUPANT SAFETY: Robustness/Scatter of Occupant Simulation – including OOP
In the conference one session is dedicated to each of the most critical challenges, the "Grand Challenges".
In every session of the conference experts from industry, research and software development will explain how critical the individual challenge is for the virtual car development process and report about their efforts to overcome the challenge.