April 21 – 22, 2020 | Congress Park Hanau, Germany
automotive CAE Grand Challenge
In the last 30 years computer simulation has become an indispensable tool of automotive development.
Challenges in virtual vehicle development
Despite of significant progress in simulation technology and impressive results in industrial application there remains a number of challenges.
The Grand Challenge as a platform for dialog
The automotive CAE Grand Challenge stimulates the exchange between users, scientists and software developers in order to solve these challenges.
Grand Challenges 2020
In September the Grand Challenges for 2020 have been identified through a survey among simulation experts:
- CAE General: Influence of Scatter on Simulation Results
- CAE Process: Evaluating Simulation and Test Results with AI + ML
- Crash: Modeling of Wheels for the Small Overlap Test
- Durability: Fatigue of Welded Connections
- NVH: Accuracy of Acoustic Simulations
- Optimization: Use of Reduced Order Modeling for Fast Optimization
- Safety: Use of Human Body Models in Autonomous Vehicle Safety
In the conference one session is dedicated to each of the most critical challenges, the "Grand Challenges".
In every session of the conference experts from industry, research and software development will explain how critical the individual challenge is for the virtual car development process and report about their efforts to overcome the challenge.