April 16–17, 2019 | Congress Park Hanau, Germany
automotive CAE Grand Challenge
In the last 30 years computer simulation has become an indispensable tool of automotive development. Tremendous progress in software and computer technology makes it possible today to assess product and process performance before physical prototypes have been built.
Challenges in virtual vehicle development
Despite of significant progress in simulation technology and impressive results in industrial application there remains a number of challenges.
Grand Challenge as a platform for dialog
The automotive CAE Grand Challenge stimulates the exchange between users, scientists and software developers in order to solve these challenges. Annually the current challenges in automotive CAE are being identified through a survey among simulation experts. In the conference one session is dedicated to each of the most critical challenges, the “Grand Challenges”.
Current critical challenges of automotive CAE
The Grand Challenges from the survey form the topics of the sessions of the automotive CAE Grand Challenge 2019
- CAE General: AI in CAE Process automation and quality assurance
- Crash: Modeling of point connections for multi-materials
- Durability: Influence of manufacturing processes on durability
- Materials: Material and failure models for metals
- NVH: Sound design electric vehicles
- Multi-simulation: Simulating battery and electrical engine cooling
- Special Session: Virtual testing of autonomous driving vehicles
In the sessions CAE experts from industry, research and software development will explain the importance of the individual Grand Challenge for the virtual car development process and report on their efforts to overcome the challenge.