April 25 – 26, 2023 | Hanau, Germany
automotive CAE Grand Challenge 2023
Background, Concept and Implementation
In the last 30 years computer simulation has become an indispensable tool of automotive development.
Challenges in virtual vehicle development
Despite of significant progress in simulation technology and impressive results in industrial application there remains a number of challenges.
The Grand Challenge as a platform for dialog
The automotive CAE Grand Challenge stimulates the exchange between users, scientists and software developers in order to solve these challenges.
Grand Challenges 2022
The Grand Challenges 2022 have been identified through a survey among the simulation experts of the international automotive industry:
- CAE-Process: Combining Test and Simulation - Smart and Efficient using AI and ML
- Fatigue: Influence of Tolerances on Durability
- Material: Material and Failure Models for Plastics
- Multi Simulation: Holistic (ACEMT) Simulation of Electrical Drives - Engines and Batteries
- NVH: Comfort of EVs – Vibrations, Climate, and Sound (Design)
- Optimization: Using deep Learning and Expert Knowledge in Optimization
- Quality Assurance: Detection of, and Reasons for Scatter of Results
In the conference one session is dedicated to each of the most critical challenges, the "Grand Challenges".
In every session of the conference experts from industry, research and software development will explain how critical the individual challenge is for the virtual car development process and report about their efforts to overcome the challenge.