Product Liability in the Automobile Industry
In the framework of the ongoing extension of active and passive safety systems automobiles are becoming increasingly complex. In this context the faultlessness of systems becomes more and more important, as with growing complexity not only the number but also the severity of possible faults is increasing. An indicator for this is the growing number of recalls in recent years. Each manufacturer holds the responsibility for consequential damages caused by its products when used as intended. This responsibility is defined by law in all countries and has civil and criminal penalties. Examples include the recalls of large numbers of vehicles that several OEMs were obliged to do during the last few years. Obviously a safety related recall of a mass product may have severe or even existence-threatening consequences. Consequently, manufacturers must ensure faultlessness throughout their organization.
Who should attend?
The seminar is aimed at all decision-makers in the automotive development, production and at suppliers who want to learn about the consequences of product liability and want to learn about preventive measures.
The aim of this course is to convey the importance of product liability for businesses and employees as well as an understanding of preventive measures.
- Fundamentals of Product Liability
- Civil and criminal responsibility of the company and personal liability of employees
- Liability for Defects
- Product liability in Europe and in the U.S.
- U.S. TREAD ACT, Reporting obligation for OEMs and suppliers
- Product liability and advertisement and public relations of companies
- Quality management and its relevance from a product liability point of view
- Product liability in the supply chain
- Instructions, warnings
- Risk minimization within the organization, prevention
- Documentation, conclusive evidence
- Insurance of product liability risk
- Recall decision and processing
Hans-Georg Lohrmann was Manager of Reliability & Conformity of Production at ZF TRW Automotive GmbH. He has many years of experience in the field of safety, reliability and product liability in the automotive sector. Since September 2015 he has retired and is still active as a freelance consultant. He specializes in the area of restraint systems for vehicle occupant protection and supports his clients in the areas of reliability, safety planning and methods of verification and litigation support.
|27 Sep - 28 Sep 2018||Deutsch||1290 EUR (1540 EUR from 31 Aug 2018 )||3124|
|Alzenau (carhs.training gmbh, Siemensstraße 12, 63755 Alzenau)||» Register|
Hans-Georg Lohrmann (Quality-Reliability-Safety Consultant)
|Thursday||09:00 - 17:00|
|Friday||09:00 - 17:00|
All prices are exclusive of VAT.