Praxis Seminar: Restraint System
Restraint system is one of the very important fields in any of the new car development program. The occupant safety rating, be it in the legal or consumer tests, is very much dependent on the restraint system design. Airbags are one of the major components in the restraint system as without airbags, it is almost impossible to meet the legal requirements especially in the North America (unbelted load cases). This seminar will explain all the necessary details related to airbag, such as airbag model creation, inflator modeling, airbag folding, airbag model analyses and airbag model validation. Apart from theoretical explanations, workshop will also be organized to enable the audience to design and model his/her own airbag as well as integration of the airbag model into a simplified vehicle environment for restraint system analyses. Interpretation of the analyses results will also be discussed during the workshop.
Who should attend?
This seminar is designed for vehicle development engineers, who are new to the development of the restraint system, or project engineers/managers who have to deal with restraint system development topics and also those who are interested to gain in-depth knowledge of airbag and restraint system modeling.
- Airbag modeling: Overview of airbag modeling method, best practice for airbag model creation, material modeling, thermodynamics definition of airbag model, contact treatment
- Airbag model analysis: Result analyses, trend in airbag modeling in industry
- Airbag model validation: Overview of material component test, inflator model validation, overview of static and dynamic validation of airbag model
- Airbag folding method: Airbag folding simulation by Sim-Folder, example of airbag folding
- Workshop for airbag modeling: Airbag model creation, airbag folding simulation, airbag model simulation and analyses
- Workshop for restraint system modeling: Integration of airbag model into simplified vehicle environment and dummy, restraint system modeling (front) and analyses of results
Chye Hock Tok
ARRK | P+Z Engineering
Chye Hock Tok holds a Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering Degree. He started his career in the field of vehicle passive safety and now has approximately 11 years of working experience with international automotive engineering consultancy firms as well as world leading restraint system supplier. He has undertaken numerous vehicle passive safety development programs for international OEMs, particularly in the area of front and side occupant safety. He now holds a Senior Engineer position in ARRK | P+Z Engineering and is also responsible for the CAE topics in Southeast Asia.
no dates available
All prices are exclusive of VAT.