Car Body Design for Analysis Engineers
In general analysis engineers have a sound knowledge on numerical methods and experience in structural analysis with the Finite Element Method. To make a valuable contribution to the vehicle development process using numerical simulation, knowledge on car body design and functional layout is required. To efficiently undertake lightweight design all fundamental requirements have to be taken into account early in the design process. These requirements will be outlined in the seminar. Additionally the characteristics of the specific organization of the development process have to be incorporated.
Who should attend?
This 2 day seminar is aimed at analysis engineers working in the automotive industry.
The objective of the seminar is to transfer the knowledge needed for an analysis engineer to play a part in vehicle development. Especially the examination of design variants of existing car bodies makes the seminar descriptive and practical.
- Load carrying principles of lightweight design
- Load assumptions
- Design principles
- Technology of car body construction
- Car body architecture
- Structural materials and pre-products
- Material selection
- Manufacturing methods
- Joining techniques
- Development process described at the example of the improvement of static properties
- Principal structure of the development process
- CAE-compatible CAD
- Finite Element modelling of a car body
- Static behaviour of the car body structure
- Finite Element Analysis of joints
- Measures for improved dynamic behavior
- Part dimensioning taking into account vehicle vibrations
- Dynamic analysis of full vehicles
- Measures for improved acoustic behavior
- Acoustic design of a car body
- Simulation methods
- Realization of safety measures
- Energy absorption elements
- Vehicle car bodies
- Safety systems
- Pedestrian protection
- Post crash
- Use of optimization methods in industrial applications
- Introduction into mathematical optimization
- Approximation techniques
- Optimization software
- Optimization strategies
- Shape optimization
- Topology optimization
Prof. Dr.-Ing. Axel Schumacher
University of Wuppertal
Prof. Dr.-Ing. Axel Schumacher studied mechanical engineering at the universities of Duisburg and Aachen. He received his doctorate on structural optimization from the University of Siegen. Following research projects for Airbus were focused on the optimization of aircraft structures. Thereafter he worked in the CAE methods development department of Adam Opel AG as project leader for structural optimization. From 2003 - 2012 he was a professor at the University of Applied Sciences in Hamburg and taught structural design, passive safety and structural optimization. Since 2012 he has been professor at the University of Wuppertal, where he holds the chair for optimization of mechanical structures.
|15 Oct - 16 Oct 2019||Deutsch||1340 EUR (1590 EUR from 18 Sep 2019 )||3321|
|Alzenau (carhs.training gmbh, Siemensstraße 12, 63755 Alzenau)||» Register|
Prof. Dr.-Ing. Axel Schumacher (University of Wuppertal)
|Tuesday||09:00 - 17:00|
|Wednesday||09:00 - 17:00|
All prices are exclusive of VAT.