Improving Efficiency and Reducing Risk in CAE Driven Product Development
Computer based methods are mandatory for state of the art, economic as well as efficient development and qualification of products. Use and collaboration of CAE-tools require suited processes to lift existing potentials for an efficient and reliable product development. Performing such tasks for virtual based product development and qualification demands high requirements on personnel, workflows and practices. Warranty and reliability claims can be reduced by applying best practice in CAE-based product development. The principle of "as little as possible but as much as necessary" must be observed. To avoid mistakes and economic loss, CAE-applications require reasonable and reliable workflows. This seminar provides background information on risks of using CAE and gives recommendations of implementing best practice. Maintaining high quality of CAE applications and enhancing efficiency within the context of organizational structures and analysis tasks are the main focus of this seminar. Use of knowledge management builds a bridge between performing an analysis project and improving efficiency. Knowledge management is a basis for efficiency, quality of prognosis and reliability of CAE application. A holistic view onto knowledge management and knowledge based engineering will be given.
Who should attend?
The seminar is aimed at product developers, CAE engineers but also managers and decision makers who are responsible for risk, performance and efficiency of projects supported by numerical analyses, regardless if the computations are done as a service to other companies or for in-house development projects or ordered from a consulting partner.
- Motivation to use structured processes in CAE
- Which risks managers and analysis experts are facing? - analysis based on examples
- Use of CAE to minimize risks
- Structured process management in CAE as a means to focus improvements - trends and examples for improved efficiency and the collaboration between designers and analysis experts
- Duties of analysis experts and managers from liability and warranty issues : aspects affecting reasonable work flows
- Implementing process and risk management in CAE
- Structure of an efficient and quality driven process management
- Specific procedural requirements for CAE environment and CAE processes
- Verification and validation
- Monitoring and documentation of analysis planning, specifying and reporting of CAE projects
- Quality driven practices and collaboration with suppliers
Prof. Dr.-Ing. Klemens Rother
Munich University of Applied Sciences
Prof. Dr.-Ing. Klemens Rother studied mechanical engineering at Munich University of Applied Sciences and the Department of Mechanics, Metallurgy and Materials Science at Michigan State University, East Lansing, USA. He earned his doctorate in the field of computational durability at University of Dortmund. Since 1986 he has been working in various positions in industry, e.g. more than 15 years in senior management for structural integrity and CAE consulting services. Since 2008 he is professor at the University of Applied Sciences in Munich, faculty of mechanical, automotive and aircraft engineering. He teaches strength, lightweight design, durability and conceptual design. He is also head of a master’s program in computational engineering. His main research focuses on CAx-supported product development and structural integrity.
no dates available
All prices are exclusive of VAT.